Merri Jo Gillette
Retired Principal, The Jones Financial Companies
- Most recently, from 2017-2022, Merri Jo served as Deputy General Counsel for The Jones Financial Companies -- which includes Edward Jones, a broker-dealer and investment advisor serving retail investors throughout the US and Canada. She worked closely with the most senior officers of the firm, while also leading a number of teams responsible for regulatory, enforcement and corporate law matters.
- From 2013-2017, she joined Morgan, Lewis & Bockius as co-leader of the firm’s national Securities Enforcement and Litigation practice, where she represented public companies, registered securities firms and their senior executive officers, in investigations and litigation before the SEC, FINRA, state securities regulators and the DOJ.
- From 2004-2013 (9 years), she served as Regional Director of the SEC’s Chicago Regional Office, where she led all enforcement and examination programs, as well as serving in a number of national leadership roles for the SEC.
- From 1986-2004 (18 years), she held a number of roles in the SEC’s Philadelphia Regional Office, including overseeing all SEC enforcement investigations and litigation in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- She has been a thought leader and frequent public speaker on a wide range of securities law and practice issues throughout her career.